Why is Collagen Important?
Collagen is one of the proteins found in our skin and it contributes to the way our skin looks and feels. Its molecules form the scaffolding or protective layer that supports the shape of our skin, and it is the main structural component that provides firmness and shape. Unfortunately, as we move closer to our late twenties to early thirties the thinning process begins.…
As we get older, our skin loses fat and elasticity, as well as the proteins that kept it full, smooth, and stretchable. Research has shown that our skin starts losing Collagen protein at the tender age of 25 and at a rate of 1% every year. Now, isn’t that shocking?
Research has also shown that stimulating collagen production in the skin has the potential to reverse the signs of ageing, but is taking collagen supplements enough? Can it really work on its own?
As a qualified facial therapist my answer to that is absolutely not!! Bear in mind once you stop using collagen enhancing products, your skin will most likely revert back to its saggy form.
Here are a list of things that you can do to taper the signs of ageing:
- Avoid smoking
- Employ good skin care practice
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid high intake of sugar or if you can perhaps even do without
- Drink lots of water
- Use a good day and night moisturiser
- Trade in coffee for cocoa or herbal tea
- Get adequate /required hours of sleep
- Eat more fishy foods such as Salmon as it’s a great source of protein
- Take regular intakes of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Our Collagen/Anti-aging Facial has the following Wow Benefits:
- Superfood for our skin
- Helps keep skin of the face supple
- Improving its elasticity and resilience and damage
- Excellent water retention and can help moisturise the skin
- It’s like having an organic facelift
- Promotes flawless, youthful and radiant skin